The 7th Beijing International Seminar on Tibetan Studies (BISTS) will be held at the China Tibetology Research Center (CTRC, Beijing, China) in August, 2020, seeing the Prosperity and Development of Tibetan Studies and the Opening-up of Tibet as its theme. This seminar gives scholars an opportunity to discuss and exchange ideas on latest research results of Tibetan studies in recent years. The seminar will be hosted jointly by China Tibetology Research Center, China Association of Preservation and Development of Tibetan Culture, and Tibet Academy of Social Sciences. After the seminar, there will be a field investigation in Tibetan-inhabited areas in China for those who wish to participate in it.
I. Basic Information
1. Registration date: Wednesday, August 12th, 2020
2. Seminar date: August 13th to August 15th, 2020
3. Field investigation date: August 16th to August 19th, 2020
4. Departure date:
August 16th, 2020 (scholars who do not take part in field investigation)
August 20th, 2020 (scholars who take part in field investigation)
Please send your registration form to: email@example.com
6. Registration charges for overseas scholars
300 US dollars/person (50% discount for students)
7. Fees for field investigation: 550 US dollars/person
II. Seminar Regulations
1. Chinese, Tibetan and English are the three official languages of the seminar and participants can choose one official language to present a paper which is subject to a time limit of 20 minutes.
2. All participants are required to submit an abstract of their papers by January 31st, 2020. Since a handbook of abstracts in Chinese, Tibetan and English will be prepared for the seminar, participants are strongly recommended to provide abstracts in two or three of the